- 24-Hour Bankline
- Getting answers about your account is as easy as picking up your touch-tone phone! The 24-hour Bankline allows you to check account balances, listen to account history and posting items, transfer funds, make loan payments and much more! To access the 24-hour bankline, call 763-477-6000.
- ACH (Netteller Cash Management)
- Businesses can create their own ACH transactions through Netteller Cash Management. By creating their own ACH files, businesses can pay their employees via direct deposit, credit their customer’s accounts, or debit their customer's accounts for fees, dues, or payments. ACH through Netteller Cash Management is essential for efficient business banking.
- Bounce Protection
- Bounce Protection is an overdraft privilege requiring no action on the account holder's part. As long as good credit is maintained, BANKWEST will honor overdrafts up to the established Bounce Protection limit on the account. Each transaction is paid, and the account is automatically charged the $30.00 overdraft fee. A notice is sent in the mail so that the fees can be deducted from the checkbook balance.
- Cashier’s Check
- A cashier’s check is written by a financial institution on its own funds. It is then signed by a representative of the financial institution and made payable to a third party. A customer who purchases a cashier's check pays for the full face value of the check and also pays a fee of $4.00 for this service. These checks are secured by the funds of the issuer - usually a bank – and include the name of a payee (the entity to which the check is payable) and the name of the remitter (the entity that paid for the check).
An individual could use a cashier's check instead of a personal check to guarantee that his or her funds for payment are available. A cashier's check is secured because the amount of the check must first be deposited by the individual into the issuing institution's own account. The person or entity to whom the check is made out is then guaranteed to receive the money when cashing the check.
Cashier's checks differ from certified checks in that the funds owing on a cashier's check are taken from the issuer's account, while the funds owing on a certified check are taken from the remitter's account.
- Direct Deposit (Payroll or Government)
- Direct Deposit is a simple, safe, and smart way to get paid, and it is the most widely used electronic payment. In addition to using Direct Deposit for payroll, many people also use it for tax refunds, social security, stock dividends, company reimbursements, bonus or commission payments.
- Money Order
- A money order is a payment order for a pre-specified amount of money. It is a more trusted method of payment than a personal check, because it is required that the funds be prepaid for the amount shown on it. Merchants (who may have no recourse in the event that a regular bank check may bounce) may welcome the extra security that being paid with a money order may offer. BANKWEST charges a $2.00 fee for customers and a $3.00 fee for non-customers.
- Night Depository
- A 24-Hour Night Depository is located in the drive up area at each BANKWEST location in Rockford, Buffalo, and Hanover.
- Notary Public
- Notary Public service is available at BANKWEST between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. Please call 763-477-5231 to ensure availability.
Fees are fixed by the Secretary of the Commonwealth with the approval of the Attorney General. BANKWEST charges a $1.00 fee for non-customers.
- Overdraft Protection
- Overdraft Protection is a product that BANKWEST offers to customers allowing them to have a protection line of credit connected directly to their checking account. The protection covers your account should your account drop below a zero balance. There is an annual fee for Overdraft Protection.
- Remote Deposit for Businesses
- Finally a quick and efficient way for merchants to electronically process their paper checks! Remote Deposit allows your business to deposit customer checks any time from the convenience of the company PC. No more rushing to make deposit cutoff. No more transportation or courier costs. And no more added delays waiting for funds to clear. Save time and boost productivity! It's fast, it's easy, and it’s available 24/7!
- Stop Payments
- Stop payments occur when a bank account holder instructs his or her financial institution not to honor payment which has been delivered, but before the receiving party has cashed it. BANKWEST charges $20.00 for this service.
- Sweeps / AFTs
- A sweep is an account feature that is used to automatically transfer funds between accounts. Sweeps are normally used to transfer money based on specified account balances. For instance, a sweep can be set up to automatically transfer funds from a savings account to a checking account if the checking account drops below a certain balance. Automatic Funds Transfers (AFTs) can be used to automatically transfer funds by date. For instance: an AFT can be set up to automatically transfer money from a checking account to a loan on the loan payment due date. AFTs can be set up to transfer between any BANKWEST accounts monthly, biweekly, weekly, or at any other frequency.
- U.S. Savings Bonds
- U.S. Savings Bonds are a great gift or an easy way to save for the future. We offer both Series E and I Bonds. More information about Saving Bonds.
- VISA Credit Card
- Carry a VISA Credit Card from BANKWEST and utilize your buying power with several different options. Ask our friendly personal bankers and they will be happy to help you decide which credit card is best for you.
To report a lost or stolen credit card call 1-800-883-0131.
- VISA Gift Card
- Finding the perfect gift just got easier with VISA Gift cards! The Visa Gift card is a prepaid card that can be used at millions of locations where Visa debit cards are accepted, including retail stores and online merchants. Because it is a prepaid card, spending is limited to the amount of money placed on the card by the purchaser. Stop by any one of our three locations to purchase a VISA Gift card!
- VISA Merchant Program
- BANKWEST offers business owners the convenience and ease of allowing credit card payments for their customers through our VISA Merchant program. Stop in and talk to us today!
- Wire Transfer
- A wire transfer is a method of transferring funds from one entity to another. Bank wire transfers are often the most expedient method for transferring funds between bank accounts. Wire transfer, done bank-to-bank, is considered the safest international payment method. Both account holders must have a proven identity, and there is little possibility of a chargeback, although wires can be recalled. Additionally, information contained in wires is transmitted securely through encrypted communications methods. BANKWEST fees for this service are: $15.00 incoming; $25.00 outgoing; and $40.00 for foreign wire transfers.